Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Smoking ban takes effect in Spain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdPKDn_QCPg
A new smoke free look across Spain. On Sunday the country adopted one of the European Union strictest anti-smoking laws. The new legislation prohibits smoking in bars, restaurants and many outdoor areas.

Café Gijón Madrid 123 year old popular haunt for artists and writers has made the transition.
But some patrons raise questions about the possible economic impact.
I guess it’s positive, especially for those who serve at the tables, but I think it’s a waste of money for bar owners as they’ve isolated specific areas and I don’t know what kind of measures they are going to get in return.
However, some see a potential for positive results.
Well, I think it’s convenient that smoking is banned because I’ve been left without a voice after breathing its smoke over Christmas. I don’t have anything against pure tobacco but against cigarettes as what is in them is impure.
The Government says the ban is necessary to tackle the 50,000 smoking related deaths a year.

No comments: